Uppdatering i slutet av bloggposten i rött
On Monday (10012011 AF), Ms Ashton and Stefan Fuele, the enlargement and neighbourhood policy commissioner, responsible for relations with north African governments, said that the bloc's negotiations to upgrade relations with Tunis to "advanced status" would continue despite the brutality, but that they would involve greater commitment to "human rights and fundamental freedoms."
"We are concerned about the events that have been taking place in Tunisia in recent days," the pair said in a statement. "In particular, we deplore the violence and the death of civilians."
Left-wing, liberal and Green MEPs however have expressed their dismay at a "delayed" and "weak" response to the killings by foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton.
Emelie Doromzee, of the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network, told EUobserver that the EU should suspend its talks with the government and more strongly condemn the regime's actions: "Until now, the language has been so far from what one would expect and sees elsewhere. The EU has put out a very weak statement. It's past the stage of written statements. It's almost a month now that these protests have been going on. We need concrete actions from the EU."
"We can't forget that there are some member states that are very close to the Tunisian regime."
Both Euromed and other groups name member states France, Spain, Italy and "increasingly Malta" as the culprits within the EU Council, who depend on Tunisia and other north African autocracies in Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Egypt for, in Ms Doromzee's words, "prevention of immigration - this is number one, trade liberalisation, and stability and prevention of Islamic radicalism - even if stability doesn't mean freedom".
Uppdatering 17012010 21.11
HaAretz engelska upplaga meddelar följande:
The prosecutor of the international Lebanon tribunal issued a draft indictment on Monday over the 2005 killing of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.
The contents of the draft indictment, which were sent to pre-trial judge Daniel Fransen, were not revealed and details of the charge sheet may not emerge for another six to ten weeks, when Fransen is expected to decide whether there is enough evidence to proceed with a trial.
"The prosecutor of the tribunal has submitted an indictment and supporting materials to the pre-trial judge," the UN-backed tribunal said in a statement.
The tribunal said the documents were handed to the registry, but added that the contents of the indictment will remain confidential at this stage.De som vill läsa hela artikeln från HaAretz klicka här
Lästips: Hezbollah’s Latest Suicide Mission New York Times 12012011
Läs även andra bloggares åsikter om Libanon, Tunisien, Haririmordet, Saad Hariri, Rafik Hariri, Hizbollah, Al Qaeda Islamic Magreb, Mughniyah, Ali Khamenei, Bashar Assad,
DN, DN2, DN3, DN4, DN5, DN6, DN7, DN8, DN9, DN10, DN11, DN12, DN13, DN14, DN15,
SvD, SvD2, SvD3, SvD4, SvD5, SvD6, SvD7, SvD8, SvD9, SvD10, SvD11, SvD12, SvD13,
SVT, SVT2, SVT3, SVT4, SVT5, SVT6, SVT7,
VG, VG2, VG3, VG4, VG5, VG6, VG7, VG8,